Flavio Scutti / Biography
Flavio Scutti (Atessa 1978) is a producer of video and sound digital art. He started to be interested in computer graphics as a teenager, when he bought a Commodore Amiga. Since 1995 he's leading researches about new and experimental audio-visual languages, through the study of electronic systems.
In 2002 his works have been showcased at MACRO, Museum of Contemporary Art of Rome.
In 2004 he graduated in Scenography at the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome.
Between 2002-2004 Flavio partecipated to “Pink, Red, Black sweater Project”, with whom released two works, one audio, “Four Tone”, and one video, “Elementare Drive”.
In 2006 a track of him has been included in the chiptune music compilation called “BIT BEAT” by to lose la track. Keen on the world of 8bit arts, Flavio Scutti is member of MicRoma and collaborates with other international collectives organizing promotional events.
In 2007 he made sounds for the visual performance mammam at Palazzo delle Esposizioni.
He founded the synth pop duo band le ROSE.
In 2012 was present in a collective video installation curated by Dumb Eyes Creative Director, Christian Petersen at Lawrence Loft in Seattle.
In June performed "Neutrini" a sound scapes work on the subnuclear particles at The Format Contemporary Culture Gallery in Milan.
He begins to work in a collective art project CUPCAKE / SPAMM curated by ELLECTRA RADIKAL and MICHAËL BORRAS A.K.A SYSTAIME
In February was present in exhibition CUPCAKE IN NYC on 168 corner of Bowery & Kenmare New York City on the invitation of Mark Brown.
In April he curated an Internet art exhibition Revelation Group (Cableway)
and Vitrine at Associazione Casa della Resistenza, Verbania.
In May was present at KEIN THEMA 23 No.3 (International Glitch Net Digital Art Festival) curated by Silke Zil Kuhar and Zoy Winterstein at Zentrifuge auf AEG, Nürnberg.
In June was present in !!!ACCUMULATOR!!! curated by Erica Lapadat-Janzen at Gallery 1965 in Vancouver.
In July was present in Create and Repeat: An Animated GIF Tribute to Andy Warhol on Société Perrier curated by Christian J Petersen.
From November 2013 to February 2014 was part of The Wrong - New Digital Art Biennale in the pavilion Swimmingpoolpiranhas.com.
In January I was in DASHBOARD - The Wrong Curators Show at Kalpany Artspace in Milano.
Also in January I have performed Cover del Giro d'Italia: featured by TISANA by Daniella Andrea Isamit Morales with Dafne Boggeri and Adele H in the finissage of Matteo Rubbi at Studio Guenzani, Milano
In May he was in Nyon (Swiss) for "VISIONS DU REEL - Festival international de cinema" and "Longlake Festival in Lugano" with the film "Onde" directed by Francesco Bertocco
In November he was in Space at Tate Britain London as part of Loud Tate / All Glitched Up
• Digital Sweat Gallery - The inaugural exhibition curated by Christian Petersen - 14th January — 11th March, 2015
• Music for film Alberto Grifi's "Il preteso Corpo", with Martino Nencioni, for the finissage of exhibition "Francesco Bertocco - Alberto Grifi" curated by Simone Frangi at Viafarini DOCVA, Milan - 23th January
In february • "To Identity" a Project for Acquario Romano with Barbara de Ponti at Casa dell'Architettura in Rome.
In May • Biennale Spazio Pubblico with Michelangelo Vallicelli and Andrea Guidi at Università degli Studi Roma Tre
• #6pmeu 6PM YOUR LOCAL TIME - Melons, screwdrivers and other short tales. A one night art exhibition at WeMake, Milan's Makerspace/Fablab with Marco Cadioli, Alessandro Capozzo, Matteo Cremonesi, Kamilia Kard, Marco Mendeni, Flavio Scutti - 22th July
In November • Superscope - Color Hybrids curated by Anthi Tzakou
• Hypermedia Dreams curated by Haydi Roket
• WOWA in Rimini curated by Annalisa trapani and Laura Nomisake.
• Quincaillerie, curator with Patrizia Emma Scialpi and a contributor of Pelagica at Gigantic, Milan
• Sound design for the video Teeth directed by Caterina Viganò exposed in Cicamola, Milan
• Stato Solido, with: Andrea Avino, Marco Cadioli, Alessandro Capozzo, Kamilia Kard, Tonylight Light, Marco Mendeni. at Galleria Kalpany
• Friends curated by Matteo Cremonesi with: Alice Pedroletti, Annalisa Deligia, Enrico Az Smerillii, Ettore Tripodi, Giorgia Vian, Graziano Folata, Joykix Kix, Laura Migliano, Massimiliano Cestari, Matteo Gatti, Silvia Negrini, Umberto Chiodi.
Main Graphic Productions: Industrial Paintings (1998-2002), Carta (2002-2004), Numeri (2009), V~1 (2011-2012), flora e fauna (2012), i-Worlds (2013).
Main Video Productions: Low Light (1995), Mountain (2004), i calciatori (2005), Technique (2012), Yes I Do (2012), RAY-Series (2012).
Main Audio Productions: IV Lettera (1999), Assenze (2001), Ansia (2002), struggènte (2002), Sonata per Casiotone e calcolatore N°1 (2003 - 2006). Circo Banana (2010), Nitrogen Music (with Raffaele Mastrovincenzo, 2010), Le Rose (2010), Private Sea (2011), Le jardin des songes (2003-2012), Le Rose - Isole 51 42 S 057 51 WEP (2012), Ren & Gengis - Calippo Fizz Ep (2013).